There are plenty of criminals interested in breaking into your residential home. However, it doesn’t mean you can’t make it tough for them. Protecting your humble abode from unwanted guests is easier than you may think.
Many people only worry about night-time security, while most burglaries occur during daylight hours when most people are at work.
What you can do to prevent this crime from occurring is to eliminate opportunity and cut those chances to ensure your residential home stays secure.
We as Secure Moving LTD give you some advices to follow to prevent this nightmare from occurring and make your home less attractive to potential burglars.
- Protect your residential home from the outside. Lock the windows, fences, gates, and garage doors.
- Lock all of the doors, even when you’re home. Ensure that the hinges are protected.
- Reinforce windows with safety glass or metal bars.
- Keep your valuables out of sight and place them in an unsuspected place or put them in home safe or lockbox.
- Install a basic quality security system, specially one that can call your phone in bas of burglaries.
- In case of new home, replace the locks with your own locks and upgrade them.
- Have good contact with your neighbours to have an eye on your home when you are on vacation.
- Add security signs that your home is under camera control.
- Use some light timers or sensor lighting to turn on at evenings and night automatically to your residential home looks lived-in.
- Use curtains on garage and basement windows to hide you belongings.
- Secure your car if you park it on street.
- Double-check all doors and windows before you leave for a vacation and don’t broadcast your trip.
- Examine your entrance places with an expert to detect any potential vulnerable and weak places.
- When you plan for vacation, arrange with a neighbour to empty your mailbox from advertisements and remove flyers from your doorstep.
- Lock up the ladder and do not hang it out in your backyard.
- Install some fake surveillance cameras at least n your residential home.